A fascinating but slightly unnerving piece on '6 Ways Crows Are Smarter Than You Think' uncovers these facts :
* Not only can crows recognise human faces, they can hold grudges against the person who owns that faceAmazing.
* Not only can crows communicate detailed information to each other in all that cawing, they can do so to conspire, to plot and plan.
* Crows have regional accents, and recognise where another crow is from by the sounds of their caws.
* Half a million crows descended on a small, farming town. There was a plan to kill and bag a few hundred thousand of them. One crow was shot, and the rest communicated with each other, within minutes, to sound a warning to fly high enough to avoid the guns.
* Crows pass down memories and information to next generations about places to avoid because one crow had been shot there. And it's not a general area, they avoid specific houses where grandpa crow was shot dead all those years ago.
* Crows understand the natural laws of water displacement.
* They can look at a piece of wire and work out if they bend the end into a hook they can use it to pull something tasty that was out of reach into beak range.
* Not only do crows know how to make tools, they know how to make tools which can be used to make more tools.
* Crows can remember the days garbage trucks visit a neighbourhood, and the route they take.
* The smart little fuckers can also learn the pattern and timing of traffic lights.
Lots More Crow Brilliance Here