A shocking story from Western Australia, where an obscenely stupid man decided the best way to dry off the 13 month old baby he was supposed to be looking after was to put her in a clothes dryer and then turn it on.
The poor kid had spilt a drink on herself, while her mum was at the gym. She obviously thought her boyfriend could be trusted not to do anything too stupid. Wrong.
"The person we allege has done the act has stated that he has put the child into a clothes tumble dryer, closed the door and turned it on for a couple of minutes,'' Senior Detective Deb Newman said.
"The child had burns to both feet, to one of her hands, burns and bruising to her back and bruising to her forehead,'' she said.
"The injuries are horrific. In my years of being a police officer I have not seen or heard of this type of injury before.''
The good news is that the baby is expected to make a full recovery.
The better news is that the 21 year old fuckwit responsible for this horror has been charged with causing bodily harm and is no longer allowed anywhere near the baby, or her mother.