Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Tsunami Dog Comes Home

I was going to write a long, detailed piece about how March 2011 was one of the most event-packed, news stuffed, tumultuous, strange, heart-breaking months to have unfolded in my lifetime, but I was only a few paragraphs in when I came across the below cartoon by acclaimed Australian artist @FirstDogOnMoon, which wraps up March better than I could ever dream of doing.

(Click image to enlarge)



You can also see the Tsunami Dog At Sea cartoon, with comments, here at Crikey.

If you're wondering what happened to Tsunami Dog, here's the owner & dog reunion. Tear factor 9 :



The human death toll of the March 11 Japan earthquake and tsunami is beyond 20,000. Unlike Tsunami Dog, most of those swept out to sea were not rescued & did not survive, including hundreds of school children.

No comments: